Nikon Speedlight SB-700 Shoe Mount Flash
Why Buy From Panamoz.com?
Free 3 Year UK/EU/US Local Warranty
14 Day Money Back Guarantee
Prices include taxes and duties
All inclusive prices with no hidden fees
Products are 100% brand new and in box
Express shipping with insurance and tracking
Delivery in 7-14 business days only
Secure payment with PayPal/credit/debit cards
The SB-700 Speedlight Shoe Mount Flash from Nikon is an on-camera flash, designed for use with Nikon DSLR cameras that use the i-TTL metering system. It is compatible with DX and FX sensors, and its power zoom head covers a 24-120mm range when used with an FX camera.
You'll be able to use the strobe directly on your camera via the hot shoe, or wirelessly as a Commander or Remote. Using the flash as a Commander allows you it to take control over other Nikon Speedlights, expanding your creative lighting options. As a Remote, it can be controlled by another Speedlight, or your camera's built-in flash. Its Quick Wireless Mode, with A:B light ratios, allows you to quickly adjust settings on multiple flash units -- giving you the ability to control two remote units in i-TTL mode.
It features a dot-matrix LCD control panel with an intuitive layout for easy operation. It derives power from AA batteries -- supporting rechargeable NiMH, disposable Alkaline, and disposable Lithium cells. Recycle time is a scant 2.5 seconds when using NiMH, 3 seconds when using Alkaline.
The SB-700's Thermal Cut-Out detection prevents the flash from overheating. It increases the recycling time if the temperature of the flash head crosses a certain threshold, preventing the unit from becoming damaged.
The strobe includes hard plastic-type color filters for fluorescent and incandescent color temperature balancing. When you use these supplied filters, the flash is able to recognize which filter is installed, adjusting the white balance automatically on compatible Nikon DSLR cameras. It also features an AF-assist illuminator lamp, which helps to speed up the autofocus of your camera in low-light situations.
The SB-700 supports three illumination patterns -- standard, center-weighted, and even -- for use in different shooting situations. Standard mode provides conventional flash coverage. Even mode covers the subject with even light across the entire frame, perfect for group photos where even illumination is desired. Center-weighted mode directs the light to the center of the frame, creating a vignette around your subject that is suitable for portraiture.
- Portable, Versatile Speedlight Unit
- i-TTL Speedlight optimized for use with Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS).
- Complete Flash Head Positioning Freedom
- Bounce 90° up and 7° down with 360° rotation elevates creative lighting freedom.
- Wireless Flash Control
- Wireless Commander Mode controls up to 2 remote Speedlight groups and an unlimited number of compatible Speedlights. When used as a remote speedlight up to 3 Groups can be selected. Four wireless channel options help manage wireless conflicts in multi-photographer environments.
- Choose From 3 Light Distribution Patterns
- Using the simple slider switch on the back of the SB-700, you can optimize light quality by selecting Standard for general illumination, Center-weighted for portraits or Even, for groups or interiors.
- Color Filter Identification
- Automatically identifies mounted hard type color filters and adjusts camera white-balance.
- Automatic Format Identification
- Automatically senses the FX or DX-format camera in use and optimizes light distribution.
- Firmware Updating
- Allows uploading of performance enhancement developments.
With select Nikon digital SLRsclose
- Nikon's Precision i-TTL Flash Control
- Delivers precise flash exposures and seamless fill-flash performance-even in challenging lighting situations.
- Hot Shoe and Wireless Operation
- Use on-camera, as a wireless master, commander or remote light source.
- Versatile Auto Power Zoom
- Coverage Smoothly covers lenses as wide as 24mm and up to 120mm in FX-format.
- Streamlined Controls and Menus
- Convenient Rotary Select Dial sets key functions quickly and a prominent Master and Remote control switch simplifies wireless operation.
- Flash Tube Overheat Protection
- To prevent overheating, flash recycle time increases when SB-700 detects heat build-up.
- Flash Value (FV) Lock
- Locks in a specific flash output on the main subject, regardless of aperture, composition or the lens's zoom position.
- Drip-Proof Mounting Foot Cover (Water Guard)
- Provides enhanced moisture protection.
Nikon Speedlight SB-700 Flash
Speedlight Stand AS-22
Nikon Diffusion Dome SW-14H
Incandescent Filter SZ-3TN
Fluorescent Filter SZ-3FL
Soft Case SS-700
|Electronic construction||Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry|
|Guide number (35 mm zoom head position, FX format, Standard illumination pattern)||28/92 (ISO 100, m/ft.), 39/128 (ISO 200, m/ft.)|
|Illumination pattern||Three illumination patterns: standard, even and center-weighted|
|The light distribution angle is automatically adjusted to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats|
|Effective flash output distance range (in i-TTL mode)||0.6 m to 20 m (2 ft. to 66 ft.) (varies depending on camera image area setting, illumination pattern, ISO sensitivity, zoom head position and lens aperture in use)|
|Flash mode||i-TTL, manual flash, distance-priority manual flash|
|Other functions||Test firing, monitor pre-flashes, AF-assist illumination for multi-point AF, and modeling illumination|
|Multiple flash-unit photography operation||Advanced Wireless Lighting, SU-4 type wireless multiple flash-unit photography|
|Compatible cameras||All cameras compatible with Nikon Creative Lighting System (other cameras can be used but functionality is reduced)|
|Flash exposure control set on the camera||Camera sync modes: slow sync, red-eye reduction slow-sync, front-curtain sync, rear-curtain sync, rear-curtain slow-sync|
|Photography functions: auto FP high-speed sync, FV lock, red-eye reduction|
|Bounce capability||Flash head tilts down to 7° or up to 90° with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°|
|Flash head rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°|
|Power source||Four AA-type alkaline (1.5V), lithium (1.5V) or Ni-MH (1.2V) batteries|
|Flash-ready indicator||Fully recycled: lights up|
|Insufficient flash output for correct exposure (in i-TTL or distance-priority manual flash mode): blinks|
|Flash duration||Approx. 1/1042 sec. at full output|
|Mounting foot lock lever||Provides secure attachment of SB-700 to camera's accessory shoe using locking plate and locking pin to prevent unintentional detachment.|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 71 x 126 x 104.5 mm (2.8 x 5.0 x 4.1 in.)|
|Weight (without batteries)||Approx. 360 g (12.7 oz.)|
|Included accessories||Speedlight Stand AS-22, Nikon Diffusion Dome SW-14H, Incandescent Filter SZ-3TN, Fluorescent Filter SZ-3FL, Soft Case SS-700|