DX-Format Close-Up Lens
Lightweight (9.9 oz/280 g)
Images from Infinity to Life-Size (1X)
Natural Background Blur (Bokeh)
Superior Close Range Focusing
Quick Switching from AF to MF
Reduced Lens Flare and Ghosting
- Compact and Lightweight DX-Format Close-Up Lens
- Small enough to be carried everywhere, this standard focal length DX-format Micro-Nikkor lens provides high resolution and contrast from infinity to life-size (1X). The AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G is for taking high quality stills and HD D-Movies and is ideal for shooting general close-ups, delicate flowers, detailed collectables, copy photography, portraits, landscapes and more.
- Sharp Images from Infinity to Life-Size (1X)
- This standard close-up lens captures the finest details at any distance, including details practically impossible to detect with the human eye (at 1X magnification). It's a great choice for enticing food photography or detailed product shots. And with its continuous autofocusing from infinity to 6.4 inches (life-size/1X), the AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G ensures sharpness and clarity in every composition.
- Stunning Portraits and Landscapes, Too
- The AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G is compact, lightweight and versatile enough for everyday photography, including flattering people shots and breathtaking landscapes, so you get brilliant results in most situations without switching lenses.
- Natural Background Blur (Bokeh)
- Whether you're shooting portraits, food or nature-indoors or outdoors-the AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G's rounded 7-blade diaphragm renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. Selective focus helps to isolate the subject, creating out of focus backgrounds.
- Superior Close-Range Focusing
- The Close-Range Correction system is one of Nikon's most important focusing innovations. Using an innovative floating element design, each lens group moves independently to achieve superior performance at close distances.
- Quiet Autofocus
- A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Quick Switching from AF to MF
- When fine manual focusing is needed, simply rotate the lens focus ring-M/A mode allows you to seamlessly override the AF system with virtually no time lag.
- Reduce Lens Flare and Ghosting
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced lens flare.
Nikon 40 mm f/2.8G AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor Lens
LC-52 52mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap
LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
HB-61 Bayonet Hood
CL-0915 Soft Case
Focal length 40mm
Maximum aperture f/2.8
Minimum aperture f/22
Lens construction 9 elements in 7 groups
Picture angle 38°50’
Closest focusing distance 0.163 m/0.53 ft. (From focal plane)
Maximum reproduction ratio 1x
No. of diaphragm blades 7 (rounded)
Filter/attachment size 52mm
Diameter x length (extension from lens mount) Approximately 68.5 x 64.5 mm/2.7 x 2.5 in
Weight Approximately 235 g/8.3 oz