Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 V Digital Camera
NP-BX1/M8 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 1240mAh)
AC-UUD12 AC Adapter
20.1MP 1" Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
Internal UHD 4K Video & S-Log2 Gamma
Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* f/1.8-2.8 Lens
24-70mm (35mm Equivalent)
Fast Hybrid AF System with 315 Points
HFR Mode for Full HD Video up to 960 fps
0.39" 2.36m-Dot OLED Pop-Up EVF
3.0" 1.23m-Dot 180° Tilting LCD
ISO 12800 and 24 fps Continuous Shooting
Taking an amazing pocket-sized series and further improving it, the Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 V Digital Camera from Sony takes the compact RX100 line up a notch by adding a Fast Hybrid AF system with 315 focal-plane phase-detection points. Incorporating a proven and reliable 20.1MP 1" Exmor RS BSI CMOS sensor, the RX100 V is able to create highly detailed images at sensitivities up to ISO 12800 with ease. Also, combining this sensor's speed and power with the BIONZ X processor and a newly developed front-end LSI, users can enjoy even faster performance, including continuous shooting of up to 24 fps with a buffer up to 148 JPEG frames, improved High Frame Rate recording times, and fast continuous AF with stills and while recording UHD 4K video.
The hallmark features are the advanced AF system which can now lock on in just 0.05 seconds and operate during the camera's maximum continuous shooting speed of 24 fps. The High Frame Rate mode, which can reach an incredible 960 fps can now record for twice as long. Other improvements made to the RX100 V include the addition of new functions and modes, such as a Gamma Display Assist which provides a more contrasty image while using a flat S-Log2 gamma and a built-in Photo Capture mode for pulling 8.29MP stills from your movies.
The front of the camera offers a familiar Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens equivalent to 24-70mm and with a fast f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture. This lens provides outstanding versatility for working in a wide range of conditions. In terms of design, the RX100 V retains the clean, versatile construction as its predecessors, including a lens control ring, built-in ND filter, and a variety of customizable buttons. For monitoring, this camera offers both a pop-up 0.39" 2.36m-dot OLED Tru-Finder EVF and a 3.0" 1.23m-dot LCD which can tilt upwards 180° for selfies as well as downward 45° for low-angle shooting. It also has built-in Wi-Fi with NFC for connecting to a smartphone.
- 20.1MP 1" Exmor RS CMOS Sensor & BIONZ X Image Processor
- Utilizing an advanced stacked structure with an integrated DRAM chip, the 20.1MP 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor of the RX100 V is able to deliver outstanding image quality at up to ISO 12800 with incredibly fast performance. This sensor stacks the pixel area, a high-speed signal processing circuit, and memory in order to increase data throughput by over five times and deliver features such as 40x super slow motion, an Anti-Distortion shutter, UHD 4K video, and more. This is also the first 1" sensor to have focal-plane phase-detection AF points for faster, more precise focusing.
This sensor is paired with the BIONZ X image processor and a newly developed front-end LSI that dramatically improves the speed and throughput of the entire imaging system, enabling continuous shooting with AF/AE at up to 24 fps. An expanded buffer makes continuous shooting possible for longer bursts, up to 148 JPEGs or 71 raw files. The front-end LSI is also able to improve overall quality of the images, especially at higher sensitivities. Additionally, another advantage of this setup is raw output which provides outstanding color fidelity and image quality.
- Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
- Equivalent to a 24-70mm, the integrated Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens of the RX100 V will help users capture a wide range of subjects in a vast variety of situations. The wide angle to short telephoto range is a much loved option for professional photographers and it is further benefited by a fast maximum aperture range of f/1.8-2.8, improving performance in low-light conditions and enabling shallow depth-of-field effects.
In terms of optics, this lens uses a ten elements in nine group design, which features nine aspherical elements, including two advanced aspherical (AA) lenses. This helps to minimize chromatic aberrations and ensure sharp, clear images. The lens also uses Zeiss' advanced T* anti-reflective coating to combat flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color. Furthermore, Optical SteadyShot image stabilization will help reduce the effects of camera shake while a built-in 3-stop neutral density (ND) filter is available to enable working in bright light with wider aperture settings.
- Fast Hybrid AF System with 315 Phase-Detection Points
- The RX100 V is equipped with an on-sensor phase-detection AF system that will dramatically improve autofocus speed for both stills and video. The camera uses a hybrid system with 315 phase-detection points that provide about 65% frame coverage along with a contrast-detection system to provide fast, accurate focusing in a range of situations. The RX100 V is able to lock onto subjects quickly, in just 0.05 seconds, and it can use AF tracking when shooting at 24 fps.
In order to make operation seamless, the RX100 V benefits from reduced blackout for easier tracking when using the EVF or LCD. Furthermore, an AF-A mode is now available, which will allow the camera to automatically switch from AF-S and AF-C mode as the situation needs. Users can also display the phase-detection area to help users focus on their subject.
- UHD 4K Video Recording
- Able to record UHD 4K video at 30/24 fps for up to 5 minutes, the RX100 V is a pocket-sized powerhouse, delivering movies with exceptional clarity. By using a full pixel readout without binning, the camera collects about 1.7x the information needed for 4K output. This oversampling helps to increase clarity while reducing the impact of moire and jaggies. Fast Hybrid AF is available during movie shooting for ensuring accurate, fast tracking using phase-detection AF points. The camera also offers Sony's advanced XAVC S format for recording a high bit rates up to 100 Mbps.
For advanced users, picture profiles and image controls are available, including the S-Log2 gamma that is able to help expand the dynamic range by recording a flat image. Gamma Display Assist helps users view a more natural image when shooting with S-Log2. Other options such as timecode, zebras, peaking, and more are present for making shooting and editing easier. When recording internally, users will record video with a 4:2:0 sampling at 8-bit, however, to even further improve image quality the RX100 V has clean HDMI output for use with an external recorder. This allows users to capture 4:2:2 uncompressed video and save in an edit-ready format.
A Photo Capture function is built directly into the camera, allowing shooters to quickly save an 8.29MP still from their UHD 4K movies. Full HD can also benefit from this feature, where users will be able to pull a 2MP still. Additionally, the camera is NTSC/PAL switchable, making it usable around the world.
- High Frame Rate and Slow Motion Shooting
- Speed is a huge advantage of the RX100 V, and in video users will benefit from advanced High Frame Rate shooting and super slow motion. In Full HD, shooters will have access to a standard 120 fps setting that will enable outstanding slow motion when placed in an editing software. In addition to this, the camera also offers a dedicated HFR mode which will boost the cameras frame rate to up to 960 fps. Videographers will have the option of recording in Quality Priority and Shoot Time Priority modes for approximately twice as long with the RX100 V compared to its predecessor. This results in about 7 seconds of recording in Shoot Time Priority at the 240 fps setting. The camera will output a Full HD file from slightly lower resolutions in order to produce high quality images at all frame rates. Additionally, an end trigger mode enables users to record 4 or 6 seconds before the record button is pressed.
|Pixels||Actual: 21.0 Megapixel|
|Effective: 20.1 Megapixel|
|Sensor||1" (13.2 x 8.8 mm) CMOS|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW|
|Movies: AVCHD Ver. 2.0, MP4, XAVC S|
|Audio: AAC LC, AC3, Dolby Digital 2ch, Linear PCM (Stereo)|
|Max Resolution||20 MP: 5472 x 3648|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Color Spaces||sRGB, Adobe RGB|
|Lens||Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar, 10 elements in 9 groups|
|EFL: 8.8-25.7mm (35 mm equivalent: 24-70mm)|
|Aperture: f/1.8 (W) - 2.8 (T)|
|Clear Image Zoom: 5.8x|
|Focus Range||Wide: 1.97" (5 cm) - Infinity|
|Telephoto: 11.81" (30 cm) - Infinity|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 125-12800 (Extended Mode: 80-12800)|
|Speed: 4 - 1/2000 second in Auto Mode|
|Speed: 30 - 1/2000 second in Program Mode|
|Speed: 30 - 1/2000 second in Manual Mode|
|30 - 1/2000 second in Aperture Priority Mode|
|Speed: 30 - 1/2000 second in Shutter Priority Mode|
|Speed: 4 - 1/32000 second in Auto Mode|
|Speed: 30 - 1/32000 second in Bulb Mode|
|Speed: 30 - 1/32000 second in Program Mode|
|Speed: 30 - 1/32000 second in Aperture Priority Mode|
|Speed: 30 - 1/32000 second in Shutter Priority Mode|
|Exposure Metering||Center-weighted, Multi, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Intelligent Auto, Manual, Memory Recall, Movie, Panorama Shot, Programmed Auto, Scene Selection, Shutter Priority, Superior Auto|
|Shooting Modes||Anti-motion Blur|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature Filter, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 24 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 148 frames in JPEG format|
|Up to 24 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 71 frames in raw format|
|Self Timer||10 Sec, 5 Sec, 2 Sec|
|Remote Control||RM-VPR1 (Optional)|
|Maximum Effective Flash Range||Wide: 1.31 - 33.46' (0.4 - 10.2 m)|
|Telephoto: 1.31 - 21.33' (0.4 - 6.5 m)|
|External Flash Connection||None|
|Memory Card Type||Memory Stick Duo|
|Memory Stick Pro Duo|
|Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed)|
|Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160p: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps|
|1920 x 1080p: 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps|
|1920 x 1080i: 60 fps, 50 fps|
|1280 x 720p: 30 fps, 25 fps|
|1920 x 1080p: 240 fps, 480 fps, 960 fps|
|1824 x 1026p: 240 fps, 480 fps, 960 fps|
|1676 x 566p: 240 fps, 480 fps, 960 fps|
|1920 x 1080p: 250 fps, 500 fps, 1000 fps|
|1824 x 1026p: 250 fps, 500 fps, 1000 fps|
|1676 x 566p: 250 fps, 500 fps, 1000 fps|
|Video Clip Length||Up to 29 Min|
|Audio Recording||Built-in Mic: With Video, Stereo|
|Diopter Adjustment||- 4 to +3 m|
|Screen||3.0" LCD Rear Screen Tilt (1,228,800 pixels)|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB, USB 2.0|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, 802.11b/g/n built-in|
|Battery||1x NP-BX1 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.6 VDC, 1240 mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||AC-UB10C (Included)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.0 x 2.3 x 1.6" / 101.6 x 58.1 x 41.0 mm|
|Weight||10.55 oz / 299 g with battery and memory card|
|Package Weight||1.3 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.1 x 4.7 x 2.9"|