Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera
Panasonic Lumix G Vario LUMIX G 20mm F1.7 II ASPH Lens
Front and Rear Lens Caps
DMW-BLG10E ID Li-ion Battery (7.2V, 1025 mAh)
16MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
Venus Engine Image Processor
Micro Four Thirds System
3.0" 1,040k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
90° Tilting 2,764k-Dot EVF
Full HD 1080p AVCHD Video
In-Body MEGA O.I.S. Image Stabilization
Built-In Wireless and NFC Connectivity
Focus Peaking and Magnification Windows
- 16MP Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- A 16 megapixel Micro Four Thirds Digital Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine image processor work together to produce high resolution imagery that exhibits a great deal of clarity, detail, and overall impressive image quality. The processing power affords heightened sensitivity to ISO 25600 with minimal noise for enhanced use in low-light conditions. The Venus Engine also provides a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including the ability to record up 5 fps in full resolution, 40 fps using an electronic shutter, and continuous shooting at 4.3 fps with full-time AF.
- Full HD Video Recording
- The 16MP Micro Four Thirds sensor also supports full HD 1080p video recording in both 60 and 24 fps at a maximum bit rate of 24 Mbps. Both the high quality AVCHD and the Internet-friendly MP4 formats can be used depending on the intended output and editing workflow used and stereo sound is recorded with videos using a built-in microphone. Full-time continuous AF and tracking AF modes can be used during recording and exposure settings can be manually adjusted using either shutter speed or aperture controls. Touch AF and Touch AE controls also prove to be effective means for modifying the focus and exposure settings while recording video and focus peaking is ideal when working with manual focus.
- Tilting EVF and Monitor Design
- To better aid in live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation, both a tilting electronic viewfinder and rear LCD monitor are integrated into the design of the GX7. The EVF, or LVF (Live View Finder), features a 2,764k-dot resolution and approx. 100% color reproduction using the field sequential system for clear visibility in all conditions. It has a 90° upward tilting mechanism that permits easier viewing from low working angles. Additionally, Eye Sensor AF can be used to automatically begin auto focusing as soon as the viewfinder detects use, which greatly benefits working in a more spontaneous manner.
A large 3.0" 1,040k-dot touchscreen LCD is also available for viewing and features a tilting design that permits the monitor to be tilted 45° upward or 80° downward to benefit working from both high and low angles. The front panel of the monitor is attached directly to the In Cell Touch LCD without a gap between in order to reduce surface reflections and improve visibility of the screen in bright conditions. The touch functionality of the monitor also enhances efficiency by allowing for a more natural method of adjusting camera settings and navigating throughout the menu structure. Combining use of both the viewfinder and the touchscreen is Touch Pad, which allows you to use the EVF for monitoring along with the touch control functions of the rear LCD.
- In-Camera Image Stabilization
- MEGA O.I.S. in-camera image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake when working with lenses that do not incorporate image stabilization. This added benefit enables sharp low-light shooting with any lens and is especially useful for handheld shooting with longer, telephoto lenses.
- Focusing Performance
- An array of focusing technologies are available to help ensure sharp focus when working in all shooting modes with any type of subject matter. Light Speed AF, a contrast-detection AF system, is used to intelligently and accurately determine critical focus in quick and efficient manner. The speed of this system is ideal for photographing and tracking fast-moving subjects in a variety of lighting conditions. Low Light AF is also available to help determine critical focus in dimly-lit (-4 EV) conditions without the need of an AF assist lamp.
If working with manual focus, focus peaking is available to provide a more objective means for determining exacting focus based on highlighting edges of contrast within the scene. Pin-Point AF allows for live view images to be magnified from 3-10x during shooting for homing in on tight details and One-Shot AF allows focus to be acquired quickly and automatically with manual focusing abilities available for greater focus refinement and creative control. Full-area focus makes use of the intuitive touchscreen design and allows you to tap anywhere within the frame to set focus and AFF mode acquires autofocus as normal and then can reset focus if the determined target moves.
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- Wireless connectivity is integrated into the GX7 to enabled remote transferring and control of the camera from mobile devices when using the Panasonic Image App. Zoom and focus can be controlled through the app as well as remote releasing of the shutter. Images can be sent directly to mobile devices for instant sharing online and NFC (Near Field Communication) technology allows for a simplified method of connecting the camera to the mobile device.
|Mount||Micro Four Thirds mount|
|Lens||LUMIX G 20mm / F1.7 II ASPH.|
|Camera Effective Pixels||16.00 Megapixels|
|Image Sensor||16.84 Megapixels 17.3 x 13.0 mm Live MOS Sensor|
|Image stabilization||Image Sensor Shift Type|
|Focus mode||Normal / AF Macro / Macro Zoom / MF Quick AF On / Off (on in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF (only for motion picture) Manual Focus, AF Area Select, AF Tracking|
|AF mode||Face detection / AF Tracking / 23-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing / Pinpoint|
|Metering mode||Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto / Intelligent ISO / 125(Extended) / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600 <br />(Changeable to 1/3 EV step)|
|Exposure mode||Program AE/ Aperture-Priority / Sutter-Priority / Manual Exposure|
|Recording Image Size (Max Pixels)||[4:3] 4592×3448
|Image Quality||RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard|
|3D image||MPO+Fine, MPO+Standard (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)|
|Movie format||AVCHD Progressive, AVCHD, MP4|
|MPEG 4 (16:9)||[Full HD] 1920×1080, 50fps (sensor output is 50p, 28Mbps)
[Full HD]1920x1080, 25fps (sensor output is 25p, 20Mbps)
[HD] 1280x720, 25fps (sensor output is 25p, 10Mbps)
|MPEG 4 (4:3)||[VGA] 640x480, 25fps (sensor output is 25p, 4Mbps)|
|AVCHD Progressive (16:9)||[Full HD] 1920×1080, 50p (sensor output is 50p, 28Mbps)|
|AVCHD (16:9)||[Full HD] 1920x1080, 50i (sensor output is 50p, 17Mbps)
[Full HD] 1920x1080, 50i (sensor output is 25p, 24Mbps)<br />[Full HD] 1920x1080, 24p (sensor output is 24p, 24Mbps)<br />[HD] 1280 x 720, 50p (sensor output is 50p, 17Mbps)
|Flash||Built-in Flash||Built-in Pop-up TTL Flash, GN7(ISO200 · m)|
|Hot shoe||Yes, TTL External Flash supporded|
|Synchronization||Less than 1/320 second(Built-in Flash)
Less than 1/250 second (External Flash)
support 1st. Curtain Sync, 2nd Curtain Sync.
|Creative Control Mode||Expressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Rough Monochrome* / Silky Monochrome* / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy POP / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / Soft Focus* / Fantasy / Star Filter* / One Point Color / Sun Shine*
*Not support for movie recording
|Scene Mode||Clear Portrait / Silky Skin / Backlit Softness / Clear in Backlight / Relaxing Tone / Sweet Child's Face / Distinct Scenery / Bright Blue Sky / Romantic Sunset Glow / Vivid Sunset Glow / Glistening Water* / Clear Nightscape / Cool Night Sky / Warm Glowing Nightscape / Artistic Nightscape / Glittering Illuminations* / Clear Night Portrait / Soft Image of a Flower* / Appetizing Food / Cute Dessert / Freeze Animal Motion / Clear Sports Shot / Monochrome / Panorama*
*Not support for movie recording
|Continuous Shooting||Mechanical shutter: H: 5.0 frames/sec (with AFS), 4.3 frames/sec (with AFC, In 1-area-focusing AF mode), M: 4.0 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2.0 frames/sec (with Live View)<br />Electronic shutter: SH: 40.0 frames/sec, H: 10.0 frames/sec, M: 4.0 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2.0 frames/sec (with Live View)|
|Viewfinder||2,764K dots LCD Live View Finder, 90 degree up tiltable
support Diopter adjustment
|LCD Monitor||1040K dots Tilt Static LCD with Touch Monitor<br />support tilt up approx. 80 degree and approx 45 degree tilt down|
|Battery life (approx.)||Approx. 320 images with H-H020A|
|Memory||SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card (Compatible with UHS-I standard SDHC/SDXC memory cards)|
|Dimensions (approx.) (W x H x D)||122.60x 70.7 x 54.6 mm|
|Weight (Body only) Approx.||360g|
|Weight (includes SD Card and Battery) Approx.||402g|
|Standard Accessories||Battery pack, Battery Charger, Body Cap, Lens Cap, Lens Rear Cap, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, CD-ROM|