Sigma 35mm f/1.4 AF DG HSM Lens
•Aperture Range: f/1.4-16
•Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM)
•Floating Internal Focus System
•Minimum Focusing Distance: 11.8"
•Anti-Flare Super Multi-Layer Coating
•USB Dock: Adjust AF & Update Firmware
•Special & "F" Low Dispersion Elements
•Front Filter Thread Diameter: 67mm
•SIGMA Optimization Pro Software
•9x Circular Aperture Blades
- Aperture Range: f/1.4-16
- With a bright maximum aperture of f/1.4 this lens allows you to capture images with beautiful defocused background bokeh effects in darker conditions - using faster shutter speeds and lower ISO sensitivities.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM)
- This lens' motor is driven by ultrasonic waves to provide quiet, high speed autofocus. This Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensures high speed and quiet AF as well as full-time manual focus override by rotating the focus ring.
- Floating Internal Focus System
- For stable focusing, this lens moves its inner lens groups without changing the lens length. It also compensates for astigmatic aberration and provides extremely high optical performance for close-up photos.
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 11.8"
- This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 11.8" so you can capture wide-angle close-ups from nearly a foot away.
- Anti-Flare Super Multi-Layer Coating
- This lens' coatings reduce lens flare, internal reflections and light scattering that can occur between the surfaces of its glass elements.
- USB Dock & SIGMA Optimization Pro Software
- Because of its redesigned series of lenses, Sigma developed proprietary software (SIGMA Optimization Pro) and a USB docking system that allows you to update the lens' firmware and adjust its parameters such as focus without having to ship it back to Sigma for adjustments.
- Special & "F" Low Dispersion Elements
- This lens incorporates "F" Low Dispersion (FLD) glass elements, which have performance equal to that of fluorite, and Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements. By optimizing the power alignment of the lens, chromatic aberration has been corrected, achieving high image quality through the entire focusing range.
- DG Lens for Digital & 35mm Film SLRs
- This is a large-aperture lens with wide angles and a short minimum focusing distance. Because of its great peripheral illumination, or lack of vignetting, it is an ideal lens for DSLR Cameras and traditional 35mm SLRs alike.
- Sigma's Artistic A-Series Lens
- Sigma has organized all of its interchangeable lenses into three product lines: Contemporary, Art and Sports. The Art line delivers high-level artistic quality with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power. The SIGMA 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM is the first lens from the Art line. Developed with an emphasis on artistic touch, Sigma's Art line lenses are designed to meet the expectations of users who value a creative, dramatic outcome above compactness and multifunction.
- Front Filter Thread Diameter: 67mm
- The 67mm front filter thread is fixed, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used with the lens.
- 9x Circular Aperture Blades
- With nine circular blades, the lens' diaphragm delivers very pleasant, soft bokeh background effects.
- Brass Bayonet Mount
- This lens incorporates a brass made bayonet mount which has both high accuracy and durability. A special treatment to reinforce it is applied to the surface, giving it greater strength and making it highly durable for long-term use.
- Ease Of Use
- For better usability, the designs of the lens cap and AF/MF switch have been improved, as well as the rubberized lens hood attachment. In order to ensure accuracy and precision, all metallic parts and the new Thermally Stable Composite material are housed internally.
|Lens Construction||13 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Angle of View||63.4|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||30 cm / 11.8 in|
|Filter Size (mm)||67mm|
(Diameter x Length)
|77mm x 94mm mm/3in x 3.7in in|