Nikon D810 DSLR Camera (Body Only)
EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery (1900mAh)
MH-25 Quick Charger for EN-EL15 Battery
BM-12 LCD Monitor Cover
BF-1B Body Cap
AN-DC12 Camera Strap
UC-E22 USB Cable
USB Cable Clip
HDMI Cable Clip
36.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
No Optical Low Pass Filter
EXPEED 4 Image Processor
3.2" 1,229k-Dot LCD Monitor
Full HD 1080p Video
Continuous Shooting to 5 fps in FX Mode
Expandable Sensitivity to ISO 51200
Multi-CAM 3500FX AF Sensor w/ 51 Points
Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
External Mic and Headphone Inputs
The Nikon D810 DSLR Camera takes its place as the high resolution option in the Nikon DSLR lineup. It features a 36.3MP FX-format CMOS sensor without an Optical Low Pass Filter for particularly sharp and detailed still imaging. With the addition of the EXPEED 4 Image Processor, performance speed is increased compared to the EXPEED 3 and noise is effectively reduced throughout the ISO range. Continuous shooting speed in FX format is 5 fps and in DX format hits a maximum of 7 fps. In addition, the full HD video capabilities of the D810 have been upgraded to include 1080p capture at 24, 30 and 60 fps. Also, the improved efficiency of the processor enables up to 1200 shots on one battery charge and 40 minutes of video recording. Low light performance has been upgraded thanks to a wide native ISO sensitivity range that runs from 64 to 12,800 and can be expanded from 32 to 51,200.
The advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX autofocus sensor offers 51 AF points with 15 cross-type sensors and Group Area AF enables five AF sensors to be used as one group. This is useful when shooting subjects that cannot be tracked easily by one AF point due to lighting conditions.
As a camera optimized for video capture, the D810 features recording in both FX and DX formats including simultaneous recording to memory cards and an external recorder as well as recording 60p output to an external recorder. The ISO range for video has also been expanded to run from ISO 64 to 12,800 and expand to 51,200. Automatic ISO adjustment in manual mode enables smooth exposure transitions. A built-in stereo microphone is supported as are jacks for an external mic and headphones. A selectable audio frequency range provides exacting control over sound recording.
A 3.2" LCD with 1,229K-dot resolution provides playback viewing and live view, and improved coatings on the optical viewfinder components provide brighter images and more accurate colors. Live View function now includes split screen display zoom for stills, and zebra highlighting display in video mode. Full aperture metering during live view for still shooting is supported.
Interval and time-lapse shooting feature exposure smoothing, and the maximum number of images per sequence is now 9,999. Improved Picture Control settings now offer Flat Picture Control to enable maximum dynamic range and color adjustments in post-production.
The D810 utilizes dual media slots for both Compact Flash and SD cards, and it provides a built-in flash with i-TTL metering as well as a hot shoe mount. A larger grip enables comfortable control for extended shooting, and a secondary "i" button has been added to back panel for faster access to important settings.
- 36.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor without an Optical Low Pass Filter
- Nikon's highest resolution sensor is housed in the D810, and by omitting the Optical Low Pass Filter, the sensor provides superior sharpness and detail. The sensor boasts fast channel readout, wide dynamic range, rich tones and improved imaging at high sensitivities.
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- The EXPEED 4 processor provides 30% faster performance over the EXPEED 3 as well improved low noise imaging throughout the ISO range. Support for 1080p video capture at 60 fps is featured and the processor's increased efficiency enables up to 1200 still shots and 40 minutes of video recording per charge.
- Native ISO Range of 64 to 12,800
- The improved ISO range compared to the D800 enables more effective low light imaging, and the ISO can be expanded from 32 to 51,200.
- Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX Auto Focus Sensor
- Versatile AF Modes of 9, 21, and 51 points and 3D tracking enable fast, precise auto focus control. AF sensitivity down to -2 EV is effective in low light and 15 cross-type sensors are compatible with AF NIKKOR lenses with open aperture of f/5.6 or faster. Eleven central focus points work with an open aperture of f/8. Improvements include upgraded 'lock-on', expanded 'store by orientation,' and more options for AF mode restrictions.
- Group Area AF
- Group Area AF enhances subject detection and tracking in challenging lighting conditions or when shooting comparatively small subjects against a high-contrast background by grouping and monitoring 5 individual AF points. The 5-point AF area can be shifted across the 51-point array as your composition changes.
- RAW Size S
- Accelerate your workflow with Nikon's RAW Size S file format which delivers 12-bit uncompressed Nikon NEF files that enable faster image transfer and smoother post-production.
- Continuous Shooting
- In FX mode, the D810 can shoot up to 5 fps, and in DX mode it can capture up to 7 fps when utilizing the MB-D12 battery grip with AA batteries.
- Reduced Vibration for Sharper Imaging
- The D810's shutter/mirror box architecture and electronic front-curtain feature improve overall image clarity. The shutter/mirror mechanism reduces image shake for a steady viewfinder image with minimal blackout during high-speed shooting. When activated, the electronic front-curtain shutter reduces the risk of blur in even subtle details by minimizing internal vibrations during exposure.
- Quiet Continuous Mode
- A redesigned Sequencer/Balancer Mechanism enables Quiet Continuous Mode for near silent sequential shooting.
- Picture Control
- In addition to standard, neutral, vivid, monochrome, portrait and landscape, image control options have been expanded to include Flat Picture Control which is geared for shooting in RAW modes and for video capture when adjustments will be made in post-production. Also, a clarity option has been added to all Picture Control settings and better control over Picture Control is enabled by fine 0.25 steps.
- Full HD 1080p Video Capture in 60/30/24 fps
- Video recording is supported in both FX and DX formats with an ISO range from 64 to 12,800 and expandable to 51, 200. Simultaneous recording to memory cards and to an external recorder is now supported. Auto ISO adjustment is possible in manual mode for smooth exposure transitions. Nikon's 3D noise reduction reduces random noise, distortion, and flicker when filming at high sensitivities. Zebra mode on the camera monitor shows you exactly where highlights are. A built-in stereo microphone as well as jacks for external microphone and headphones are provided. You can fine-tune audio levels in isolation both before and during recording and select the sound range (wide/voice).
- 3.2" LCD Monitor with 1,229k-dot Resolution
- A high resolution LCD provides detailed playback viewing and live view capture with color balance and brightness control. A split screen display zoom for still shooting lets you compare two enlarged points in the image for sharpness and exposure.
- Optical Viewfinder
- Improved coatings on the optical components render brighter and more accurate color, and the Organic EL information display makes it easier to make adjustments under bright/dim conditions.
- Interval Timer/Time-Lapse Shooting
- Exposure smoothing is supported in time-lapse and interval shooting modes and the number of recordable images has been increased to 9,999.
- Both a built-in flash and hot shoe mount are supported with i-TTL metering, as is a flash sync terminal. The built-in flash offers commander mode for wireless control of up to two groups of off-camera flash units.
- CF and SD Card Slots
- Two card slots are supported for versatile image storage and smoother workflow. One CF card slot for high-speed UDMA 7 cards, and one SD card slot for high-speed, high-capacity SDXC and UHS-I cards allow you to use one card as back-up or place still images on one card and video on the other or RAW on one and JPEG on the other.
- Form Factor
- A deeper hand grip improves handling, and a secondary "i" button has been added for easier access to important settings. A durable magnesium alloy body with extensive weather and dust sealing ensure the D810 is moisture- and dust-resistant.
|Type||Single-lens reflex digital camera|
|Lens mount||Nikon F mount, (with AF coupling and AF contacts)|
|Image sensor format||FX|
|Image sensor type||CMOS|
|Sensor size||35.9mm, x24.0mm|
|Dust-reduction system||Image sensor cleaning, Image Dust Off reference data (Capture NX-D software required)|
|Image size (pixels)||FX (36 x 24) image area, (L)7360, x4912, (M)5520, x3680, (S)3680, x2456, 1.2X (30 x 20) image area, (L)6144, x4080, (M)4608, x3056, (S)3072, x2040, DX (24 x 16) image area, (L)4800, x3200, (M)3600, x2400, (S)2400, x1600, 5 : 4 (30 x 24) image area (L) 6144 x 4912 (M) 4608 x 3680 (S) 3072 x 2456 FX-format photographs taken in movie live view (L) 6720 x 3776 (M) 5040 x 2832 (S) 3360 x 1888 DX-format photographs taken in movie live view (L) 4800 x 2704 (M) 3600 x 2024 (S) 2400 x 1352 Note: Photographs taken in movie live view have an aspect ratio of 16 : 9. A DX-based format is used for photographs taken using the DX (24 x 16) 1.5X image area; an FX-based format is used for all other photographs.|
|File format||NEF (RAW): 12 or 14 bit, lossless compressed, compressed, or uncompressed; small size available (12-bit uncompressed only), TIFF (RGB), JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1 : 4), normal (approx. 1 : 8), or basic (approx. 1 : 16) compression (Size priority); Optimal quality compression available, NEF (RAW)+JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats|
|Picture Control system||Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Flat, ; selected Picture Control can be modified; storage for custom Picture Controls|
|Media||CompactFlash (CF) (Type I, UDMA compliant), SD, SDHC (UHS-I compliant), SDXC (UHS-I compliant)|
|Card slot||Dual card slots: Either card can be used for primary or backup storage or for separate storage of NEF (RAW) and JPEG images; pictures can be copied between cards.|
|File system||DCF 2.0, DPOF, Exif 2.3, PictBridge|
|Viewfinder||Eye-level pentaprism single-lens reflex viewfinder|
|Frame coverage||FX (36 x 24): Approx. 100% horizontal and 100% vertical, 1.2X (30 x 20): Approx. 97% horizontal and 97% vertical, DX (24 x 16): Approx. 97% horizontal and 97% vertical, 5:4 (30 x 24): Approx. 97% horizontal and 100% vertical|
|Magnification||Approx.0.7x, (50 mm f/1.4 lens at infinity, –1.0 m–1)|
|Eyepoint||17 mm (–1.0 m–1; from center surface of viewfinder eyepiece lens)|
|Diopter adjustment||-3 – +1m-1|
|Focusing screen||Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VIII screen with AF area brackets (framing grid can be displayed)|
|Reflex mirror||Quick-return type|
|Depth-of-field preview||Yes, Pressing Pv button stops lens aperture down to value selected by user (A and M modes) or by camera (P and S modes)|
|Lens aperture||Instant return, electronically controlled|
|Compatible lenses||Compatible with AF NIKKOR lenses, including type G, E, and D lenses (some restrictions apply to PC lenses) and DX lenses (using DX 24 x 16 1.5X image area), AI-P NIKKOR lenses, and non-CPU AI lenses (exposure modes A and M only). IX NIKKOR lenses, lenses for the F3AF, and non-AI lenses can not be used. The electronic rangefinder can be used with lenses that have a maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster (the electronic rangefinder supports the 11 focus points with lenses that have a maximum aperture of f/8 or faster).|
|Type||Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter available in mirror up release mode|
|Speed||1/8000–, 30s, in steps of 1/3, 1/2, or 1 EV, bulb, time, X250|
|Flash sync speed||X=, 1/250s, ; synchronizes with shutter at 1/320 s or slower (flash range drops at speeds between 1/250 and 1/320 s)|
|Modes||S (single frame), CL (continuous low speed), CH (continuous high speed), Q (quiet shutter-release), Self-timer, MUP (mirror up), Qc (quiet continuous shutter-release)|
|Frame advance rate||Approx.5fps, With EN-EL15 batteries Image area: FX/5 : 4 CL: 1–5 fps CH: 5 fps QC: 3 fps Image area: DX/1.2X CL: 1–6 fps CH: 6 fps QC: 3 fps Other power sources Image area: FX/5 : 4 CL: 1–5 fps CH: 5 fps QC: 3 fps Image area: DX CL: 1–6 fps CH: 7 fps QC: 3 fps Image area: 1.2X CL: 1–6 fps CH: 6 fps QC: 3 fps|
|Self-timer||2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; 1–9 exposures at intervals of 0.5, 1, 2, or 3 s|
|Metering system||TTL exposure metering using RGB sensor with approximately 91K (91,000) pixels|
|Metering method||Matrix: 3D color matrix metering III (type G, E, and D lenses); color matrix metering III (other CPU lenses); color matrix metering available with non-CPU lenses if user provides lens data Center-weighted: Weight of approximately 75% given to 12 mm circle in center of frame. Diameter of circle can be changed to 8, 15, or 20 mm, or weighting can be based on average of entire frame (non-CPU lenses use 12-mm circle) Spot: Meters 4 mm circle (about 1.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point (on center focus point when non-CPU lens is used) Highlight-weighted: Available with type G, E, and D lenses; equivalent to center-weighted when other lenses are used.|
|Range||(ISO 100, f/1.4 lens, 20 °C/68 °F) Matrix, center-weighted, or highlight-weighted metering: 0–20 EV Spot metering: 2–20 EV|
|Exposure meter coupling||CPU, AI|
|Mode||Programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M)|
|Exposure compensation||–5 – +5EV, in steps of1/3, 1/2, or 1EV|
|Exposure bracketing||2 – 9 frames, in steps of1/3, 1/2, 2/3, or 1EV, ; 2–5 frames in steps of 2 or 3 EV|
|Exposure lock||Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button ISO sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index) ISO 64|
|ISO sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)||ISO64–, 12800, in steps of1/3, 1/2, or 1EV, Can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 32 equivalent) below ISO 64 or to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 51200 equivalent) above ISO 12800; auto ISO sensitivity control available|
|Active D-Lighting||Can be selected from Auto, Extra high, High, Normal, Low, or Off|
|ADL bracketing||2 frames using selected value for one frame or 3–5 frames using preset values for all frames|
|Autofocus system||Nikon Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, fine-tuning, 51 focus points (including 15 cross-type sensors; f/8 supported by 11 sensors), and AF-assist illuminator (range approx. 0.5–3 m/1 ft 8 in.–9 ft 10 in.)|
|Detection range||–2 – +19 EV (ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F)|
|Lens servo||Single-servo AF (AF-S), Continuous-servo AF (AF-C), ; predictive focus tracking automatically activated according to subject status, Manual focus (M):, Electronic rangefinder can be used|
|Focus point||Can be selected from 51 or 11 focus points|
|AF-area mode||Single-point AF, 9-, 21-, or 51- point dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking, group-area AF, auto-area AF|
|Focus lock||Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF) or by pressing AE-L/AF-L button|
|Built-in flash||Manual pop-up with button release and a Guide Number of 12/39, 12/39 with manual flash (m/ft, ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F)|
|Control||TTL: i-TTL flash control using RGB sensor with approximately 91K (91,000) pixels is available with built-in flash; i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR is used with matrix, center-weighted, and highlight-weighted metering, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR with spot metering|
|Mode||Front curtain sync, slow sync, rear-curtain sync, red-eye reduction, red-eye reduction with slow sync, slow rear-curtain sync, off; Auto FP High-Speed Sync supported|
|Flash compensation||-3 – +1 EV in steps of 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV|
|Flash bracketing||2 – 9 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1 EV, ; 2–5 frames in steps of 2 or 3 EV|
|Flash-ready indicator||Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit is fully charged; blinks after flash is fired at full output|
|Accessory shoe||ISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lock|
|Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS)||Nikon CLS supported; commander mode option available|
|Sync terminal||ISO 519 sync terminal with locking thread|
|White balance||Auto (2 types), incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual (up to 6 values can be stored, spot white balance measurement available during live view), choose color temperature (2500 K–10000 K), all with fine-tuning|
|White balance bracketing||2 – 9 exposures in steps of 1, 2 or 3|
|Live view shooting||Live view photography (still images), Movie live view (movies)|
|Lens servo||Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); full-time servo AF (AF-F) Manual focus (M)|
|AF-area mode||Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, Subject-tracking AF|
|Autofocus||Contrast-detect AF anywhere in frame (camera selects focus point automatically when face-priority AF or subject-tracking AF is selected)|
|Metering||TTL exposure metering using main image sensor|
|Metering method||Matrix, center-weighted, or highlight-weighted|
|Frame size (pixels) and frame rate||1920 x 1080; 60 p (progressive), 50 p, 30 p, 25 p, 24 p 1280 x 720; 60 p, 50 p Actual frame rates for 60 p, 50 p, 30 p, 25 p, and 24 p are 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively; options support both high and normal image quality|
|Video compression||H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding|
|Audio recording format||Linear PCM|
|Audio recording device||Built-in or external stereo microphone; sensitivity adjustable|
|ISO sensitivity||Exposure modes P, S, and A: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 64 to Hi 2) with selectable upper limit, Exposure mode M: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 64 to Hi 2) available with selectable upper limit; manual selection (ISO 64 to 12800 in steps of 1/3, 1/2, or 1 EV) with additional options available equivalent to approximately 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 51200 equivalent) above ISO 12800|
|Other options||Index marking, time-lapse photography|
|Monitor size||8cm (3.2–in.) diagonal|
|Monitor type||TFT monitor with 170 ° viewing angle, approx. 100% frame coverage, and brightness adjustment|
|Monitor resolution||Approx.1229k-dot, (VGA; 640 x RGBW x 480 = 1,228,800 dots)|
|Playback||Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images) playback with playback zoom, movie playback, photo and/or movie slide shows, histogram display, highlights, photo information, location data display, and auto image rotation|
|USB||SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0 Micro-B connector), ;connection to built-in USB port is recommended|
|HDMI output||Type C HDMI connector|
|Audio input||Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter; plug-in power supported)|
|Audio output||Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter)|
|Ten-pin remote terminal||Can be used to connect optional remote control, optional WR-R10 (requires WR-A10 adapter) or WR-1 wireless remote controller, GP-1/GP-1A GPS unit, or GPS device compliant with NMEA0183 version 2.01 or 3.01 (requires optional MC-35 GPS adapter cord and cable with D-sub 9-pin connector)|
|Supported languages||Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|
|Battery||One rechargeable Li-ion EN-EL15 battery|
|Battery pack||Optional MB-D12 multi-power battery pack with one rechargeable Nikon EN-EL18a or EN-EL18 Li-ion battery (available separately), one rechargeable Nikon EN-EL15 Li-ion battery, or eight AA alkaline, Ni-MH, or lithium batteries. A BL-5 battery-chamber cover is required when using EN-EL18a or EN-EL18 batteries.|
|AC adapter||EH-5b AC adapter; requires EP-5B power connector (available separately)|
|Tripod socket||1/4–in. (ISO 1222)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx.146, x123, x81.5mm (5.8, x4.9, x3.3in.)|
|Weight||Approx.980g (2 lb 2.6 oz), with battery and SD memory card but without body cap; approx. 880 g/1 lb 15.1 oz (camera body only) Operating environment Operating environment Temperature: 0 °C–40 °C (+32 °F–104 °F) Humidity: 85% or less (no condensation)|
|Operating environment||Temperature: 0 °C–40 °C (+32 °F–104 °F) Humidity: 85% or less (no condensation)|
|Supplied accessories||Monitor Cover BM-12, Body Cap BF-1B, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL15 with terminal cover, Battery Charger MH-25a (comes with either an AC wall adapter or power cable of a type and shape that varies with the country or region of sale), USB Cable Clip, HDMI Cable Clip, USB Cable UC-E22, Strap AN-DC12|