The MiniTT1 Transmitter is easy to use; just slide in place and begin to shoot. The new PocketWizard ControlTL™ System interprets the complex E-TTL II data being sent through the camera’s hot shoe and digitally transmits it in a reliable radio signal. Change the flash compensation dial on the camera, and those commands pass seamlessly through the system to your remote flash. Adjust your shutter speed, aperture or ISO and the system corrects for those changes. A ratio command set on the flash or command unit passes through the MiniTT1 to set the remotes. PocketWizard ControlTL radio communication allows you to shoot farther, faster, around corners, through walls even at high noon in bright daylight. Now you can deploy a wireless flash system wherever you want, without infrared limitations, in seconds.
Use the MiniTT1 for standard triggering with any PocketWizard Receiver including the FlexTT5, PlusII or MultiMAX. When used this way with a digital camera, you can take advantage of PocketWizard’s HyperSync Technology that allows up to 1/500th of a second camera sync with many camera/strobe set-ups.
Key Features MiniTT1
* ControlTL®: PocketWizard’s newest firmware platform taps into the camera’s digital communications to enable an entirely new level of remote flash capability through our proven radio system. ControlTL allows remote i-TTL for Nikon CLS / i-TTL systems as well as Manual Power Control. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for “future-proof” continuous improvement.
* Dedicated CLS / i-TTL Triggering: Locking your MiniTT1 Transmitter into the hot shoe of a Nikon DSLR camera, and mounting CLS / i-TTL flashes onto FlexTT5 Transceivers gives you full flash exposure control with the freedom and reliability of a PocketWizard radio. There are no special settings to make or modes to call up. Use the camera’s flash exposure controls for basic control of remote flashes, or add an AC3 ZoneController or Nikon Master unit for even more flexibility.
* Manual Power Control: Adjust the manual power settings of your remote Nikon Speedlights directly from a AC3 ZoneController, SB-800 or SB-900 flash mounted on your on-camera MiniTT1 or FlexTT5. You can independently control the power output of up to three remote groups of lights (you can have as many lights in each group as you want) from full power down to the lowest setting simply through the user interface on the back of the SB-800 or SB-900 or with the dials of the AC3 ZoneController. Now you can work with total control with your remote lights, without leaving your shooting position. Nikon SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander may also be used.
* High Speed Sync (Auto FP): When HyperSync can’t keep up, High Speed Sync takes over for Speedlight flash photography all the way to 1/8000. ControlTL gains faster recycling times and more flashes per set of batteries when shooting in Nikon's FP / HSS Flash mode. Use this feature to shoot wide open in bright sun for amazing results.
* HyperSync®: Our patent pending HyperSync technology allows photographers to achieve faster X-sync speeds, up to 1/500th of a second, with full power flash. That extra speed can be used to freeze action or cut ambient light - both of which can produce results never possible before. HyperSync works with both TTL speedlights and full size studio flash. All you need is a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 on camera that has been tuned to your specific camera and flash via the PocketWizard Utility. While performance varies by the camera and flash equipment being used, HyperSync will get the maximum possible out of any set-up.
* High Speed Sync (HSS / FP Sync) Disable Mode. Select either HSS Sync or HyperSync™ at shutter speeds above x-sync. This allows you to use HyperSync and the benefit of full power flash all the way up to 1/2000 with certain flash systems.
* Rear Curtain Sync: Precise rear curtain sync capability is engaged using the camera's sync settings. Capture natural light trails with sharp exposures at the end – no “after trails!”
* Pre-Flash Boost: Nikon flashes use a dual preflash system to calculate i-TTL exposure values. In many TTL situations, including shooting in full sun, over long distance or using diffusers or bounce flash, the normal pre-flash is simply not enough for the camera to see. PocketWizard's Pre-Flash Boost increases your remote Nikon flashes first preflash by three stops and, if necessary, the second preflash by one stop. The boost level can also be adjusted at the flash if necessary.
* PowerTracking: When working with certain manual flashes, you can change any of your settings on your camera and the system adjusts for those changes. Change your camera's exposure compensation to adjust the flash output, or make adjustments in aperture or ISO and the system balances your flash for proper exposure.
* Built-in Hot Shoe: Lock your Nikon flash into the MiniTT1’s dedicated hot shoe and combine your remote flash with on-camera flash or use the on-camera flash for additional CLS / i-TTL or Manual Power Control only. The metal and glass reinforced resin hot shoe assembly is a superstructure onto itself and incredibly durable. The best part; no more cords.
* Basic Trigger Mode: Allows the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 to work as a transmitter on ANY camera it will fit. Anyone looking for the small form factor of the MiniTT1 can use it on other DSLR’s, SLR’s or even medium format cameras with standard hot shoes.
* PocketWizard Compatible: The MiniTT1 sends out two trigger signals; one on the new ControlTL channels, and another on the same channels as all standard trigger PocketWizard radios so they will work with any unit you may already have.
* PocketWizard Utility - Programmable and Upgradeable: Use the supplied PocketWizard Utility software with the on-board USB port to program the MiniTT1 to any PocketWizard channel and zone as well as many other custom settings. The MiniTT1 can be upgraded whenever updates and feature enhancements are available.
* Channels / Learn Mode: The MiniTT1 has two channel configuration settings; C1 and C2. Each can be programmed as needed with up to 20 ControlTL channels* for TTL photography or Manual Power Control, or 32 standard channels** for manual flash photography. Channels can be configured with the PocketWizard utility or use the Learn function to quickly program channels, or the reset function to configure back to factory settings.
* - 20 ControlTL channels for FCC/IC 344 MHz radios and
three ControlTL channels for CE 433 MHz radios.
** - 32 Standard channels for FCC/IC 344 MHz radios and
35 Standard channels for CE 433 MHz radios.
* ZoneControl: Add the AC3 ZoneController on top of your MiniTT1 for Nikon and gain three zones of power control right from the camera’s position. Works in both auto/CLS/i-TTL and manual. Shut down an entire zone with the flick of a switch.
AC3 ZoneController sold separately. Available late January 2011
* Continuous Fast FPS: Never before have you been able to shoot remote CLS / i-TTL non-stop in continuous high-speed mode. Fill the buffer! Nothing else comes close.
* Low-Profile Design: The lay-flat design with integrated hot shoe and internal antenna keeps a very low profile on your camera. Powered by a CR2450 lithium coin cell battery.
* Auto Trigger Select for ControlTL: The hot shoe on both the MiniTT1 and Flex TT5 will trigger just about any hot shoe flash placed into it in addition to the Nikon Speedlight's it is designed for. Yes, you can now fire just about any hot shoe flash including Vivatar, Canon, etc., in manual mode only and not TTL mode.